Preview Milan international furniture fair 2016 – IMPRONTA
The armchair IMPRONTA, designed in 1954, belongs to the early creative period of Joe Colombo when he was still attending the Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera and the Milan Politecnico. The object is the result of accurate design sketches, also made in section, that investigate the relation amongst the human posture, when seated in relax, the ergonomic requirements and the desired shape. The armchair is characterized by well defined lines: it is a clear shape inscribable in a cube and fitted to confer a comfortable seat. Thanks to an effective use of drainage materials between the seat and the casing, the water flows off through the structure and allows the outdoor use of the armchair in addition to the indoor one.
This dual use creates continuity between exterior and interior spaces, and defines new ways of living spaces. Copyright: Ignazia Favata – Studio Joe Colombo
- Varaschin on the cover of Sistemi&Impresa n.5/2021 Sistemi&Impresa, a prestigious management magazine published by Este, Milan, which explores...
- Changing of the guard in our creative direction. Edoardo Gherardi takes over from Daniele Lo Scalzo Moscheri.
- #OutdoorTalks: a chat about us and our collections immersed in a striking natural setting. The Camera is focused on the people, those who direct, coordinate and create, taking advantage...
- Our new commercial is on air. This video summarizes the distinctive values of the brand into a thirty-second story set in...
- What is this Pandemic teaching us. Stefano Giust on “Persone & Conoscenze” N. 144 Our COO Stefano Giust has explained how Varaschin has faced the current emergency.